Post-9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon schools
The Catholic University of America is proud to continue its participation in the VA’s Yellow Ribbon Program. This program funds tuition and fee expenses that exceed the maximum amount paid by the Post 9/11 GI Bill. The VA and CUA will match dollar for dollar those expenses that exceed the maximum amount paid by the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Students who are 100% eligible for benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill may apply to The Catholic University of America’s Yellow Ribbon program. Openings in CUA's Yellow Ribbon program vary by school and level and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The VA makes tuition and fee payment(s) directly to the university; book and housing allowances are paid directly to the student.
Yellow Ribbon Program Application Guidelines:
1. Students have to apply for the Yellow Ribbon program each academic year. This regular application process is essential to ensuring students understand the structure of the program and their responsibilities in the program, both of which are outlined in the application.
2. Openings in CUA’s Yellow Ribbon Program are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. CUA offers students the opportunity to submit a multi-semester Yellow Ribbon Applications: if accepted students are reserved a spot in the Yellow Ribbon Program for the entirety of their CUA Program. This is meant to help students plan appropriately for how they will fund their education at CUA. While students who have applied for and been accepted to the multi-semester Yellow Ribbon Program will have a spot reserved for them, they are still obligated to complete the Yellow Ribbon Application by the published deadline each academic year to remain in the program.
4. To apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program:
b. All applicants must also submit a Certificate of Eligibility, provided by the VA, with their application.
Yellow Ribbon Program Application Timeline:
We aim to make our Yellow Ribbon Application align with CUA’s admissions and course registration schedule.
(Note dates may shift slightly year to year as necessary)
- December 2nd: Yellow Ribbon Application available and posted on our website for the upcoming academic year.
- Once a complete application is submitted (including Certificate of Eligibility) students can expect to hear back within 5-10 business days.
- The Yellow Ribbon Program Application is due on the last day to register or add courses for credit for each semester the student is applying for. These dates can be found on the academic Calendar website.